The Saginaw 县’s Office maintains birth certificates for individuals who were born in Saginaw County.
Birth Certificate - Certified Copy with Raised Seals:
- 面对面: $15 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same visit. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, 检查, and debit/credit cards; please note there is a fee for debit/credit card processing ($2.49美元以下50美元.99).
- By Mail or Drop Box available at the Courthouse entrance: $16 for the first copy and $7 for each additional copy of the same record in the same request. Acceptable forms of payment include 检查 and money orders.
- 在线: Starts at $26 (1 certified copy) and will increase depending on how many copies you request and the mailing option you choose. Acceptable forms of payment include debit/credit cards.
Who Can Obtain a Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate?
If a birth record is over 100 years old, it is a public record available for anyone to request a certified copy. 然而, birth records less than 100 years old are protected/confidential vital records only available to the person or parent(s) named on the record. There are special circumstances which include:
- An Individual or Agency That Has Full Guardianship: Guardian must submit court appointed Letters of Guardianship paperwork signed by a judge specifically naming them as guardian.
- 授权书: Must provide paperwork that specifies the individual appointing their agent full authority (Durable POA) and act as the person in all activities. Limited POA must specify the agent has the authority to obtain a certified birth record.
- 有监护权的个人: Applicant must submit valid court order granting legal or physical custody of the child.
- 继承人: The person named on a birth certificate must be deceased and the heir must provide their death certificate along with further documentation proving their relationship to decedent (i.e. marriage license, their own birth certificate, etc.)
- Legal Representative of the Person Named on the Record: Attorney must submit a letter on their letterhead stating they represent the individual, 州律师证号, 有效照片1.D.，并签名.
How to Order Certified Copies of a Birth Certificate
- 面对面: Application can be filled out in the Saginaw 县’s Office. Must present a valid driver’s license, state I.D., 护照, or military identification that includes a photograph (see “Alternate Forms of Identification” listed below if you do not have the I.D. 要求). In most cases, a birth certificate certified copy is prepared while you wait.
- By Mail or Drop Box available at the Courthouse 入口:完成 出生证明书申请. Include a CLEAR photocopy of your valid driver’s license, state I.D., 护照, or military identification that includes a photograph (see “Alternate Forms of Identification” listed below if you do not have the I.D. 要求). Prepare a check or money order in the appropriate amount (see Birth Certificate – Certified Copy 费用 above), payable to Saginaw 县. 请将所有资料邮寄至: 推荐全球最大网赌正规平台欢迎您书记员，111 S. 密歇根大街.密歇根州萨吉诺48602.
- 在线:使用 VitalChek网站; follow their instructions; when you see the statement “Choose one of these government agencies to see the certificates they offer,” make sure you use the drop-down feature to select Saginaw County; this is very important to ensure we receive your order.
Special Circumstances - State of Michigan Birth Records
Even though a person may be born in Saginaw County, there may be special circumstances where the birth record is filed with the State of Michigan and not at the county level. 这些情况包括:
- Individuals born before 1979 and parents were not married
- Individuals who were adopted (some but not all records are at the county level)
If you come to the Clerk’s Office with appropriate I.D., we will conduct a diligent search and inform you if we have the record or if it is at the state. If we find it is a state-only record, we have a program to order it from the state. In most cases, you will receive your birth record while you wait. The fee for a state birth record is $44; senior rate (65+) is $24.
Alternate Forms of Identification
If you do not have a valid government-issued photo identification, you may provide at least 2 of the following to serve as alternate identification:
- 就业照片一.D. 带着工资单或W-2表格
- 学校/大学照片.D. with proof of enrollment (recent transcript, report card, or class schedule)
- Expired Michigan Driver’s License with vehicle registration or title
- 一级惩教署.D. with probation documents or discharge papers
- Bill (utility, water, cell, cable TV, doctor, hospital etc.) with requestor’s name and address
- Correspondence from a governmental agency (Social Security, DHHS, IRS, etc.)
- Expired state of federal photo I.D.
- Expired driver’s license from another state